The purpose of the Association is to be an independent, member-based organisation committed to leading and influencing long-term outcomes and contributing to the strategic objectives for the broader Mornington Peninsula.
The Association works beyond electoral cycles and partisan politics with the aim of enhancing the social, economic and environmental sustainability to improve living standards, growth and sustainability of the region.
This purpose will be achieved by:
- Working with Local, State, and Federal Government to support the Mornington Peninsula’s future positive image, growth, and development;
- To encourage the raising of the profile of the Mornington Peninsula as desirable place to work, open and grow business and live;
- Advocating for and assisting in the economic growth in the Mornington Peninsula region by improving access to investment opportunities and employment;
- Improving regional connectivity, including public transport, facilities and infrastructure to encourage increase in workforce by attracting more employable residence;
- Seeking to shape policy to ensure the future prosperity of the Mornington Peninsula;
- Bringing together community business and government to develop a vision for the Mornington Peninsula;
- Facilitating implementation of agreed objectives.